Tuesday, March 15, 2011

2011

Currently gearing up for 2011 chasing...I'll most likely be chasing only through mid-June, but I'm really looking forward to getting out into Oklahoma/Kansas/Nebraska this year - due to budget/time constraints last year, I wasn't able to chase much until July, and had to stay fairly local.

I did get a new chase vehicle - a 2001 Subaru Forester, 5-speed AWD. Still working on getting it set up and ready for chasing - I'm not terribly good at the wiring part of things, but it's coming along. Got the laptop mount, ham radio, and GPS units installed, and working on getting my stereo system integrated with Bluetooth for calls.

Most of my chases this year will probably be with my friend Mike Brady (www.chasercentral.com), as David got a new job, and his hours aren't as flexible as they were last year. Mike's a great chaser - he's the guy that took me on my first chase back in 2008, and we've been good friends ever since.

Anyway, I feel pretty good about the upcoming season - I felt like I gained a lot of experience with my chases late last year, and with my forecasting study over the winter, I should be able to play things better this year. That combined with actually having dependable transportation and internet...yeah. Anyway, time to nut up or shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment