Thursday, December 29, 2011

2012 storm season...

I'm still in Pensacola, finishing up the simulators for my FAA ATC certs, and debating on whether or not I should go to flight school. AFA chasing is concerned, I'm picking up a VW Jetta (TDI, manual 5-speed) from my dad, and I'll be chasing in that this spring...looks like I'll be getting a break in March to take 2-3 weeks, depending on if I get stationed state-side or overseas. Not sure how ramped up the season will be by then, but, hey, considering I was planning on giving this season a pass anyway, it'll be good to get out under the meso again. Creston was March 22nd...and, every few years there's a nice March outbreak in Texas...definitely due down there!

I've finally gotten around to upgrading my equipment, as well...DSLR camera, HD camcorder, Motorola Xoom tablet as a backup radar/data source, and I'm running my data through Verizon this year...4G LTE FTW. Of course, all that's in addition to the equipment I already had...need to pick up a tripod, and get the Jetta set up when I get back to IL...just about ready to roll.

Definitely don't plan on having anywhere as near as good a year as I did last year, seeing as I'll only have 2 weeks, but, at the same time, the experience I gained last year was invaluable...especially afa forecasting is concerned. Plus, it only takes one good day to make a season...I'd have taken the November 7th outbreak in OK over anything I've ever been on. 

At any rate, I can generally find a way to turn things epic, somehow...should be a fun ride! 

No comments:

Post a Comment